Although your wedding photos will serve as a great memoir for you wedding day, sometimes it's those little extra tidbits that can truly spark a great memory! A Wedding Day Time Capsule is a great way to capture all those special little moments. Some capsules like the one above, can be ordered with preset items to assist you in gathering your mementos. However, below are a few more ideas we wanted to share with you...
- Newspaper clippings from the day of your wedding
- Love letters to each other written just days before the wedding (no peeking!)
- A picture of your first kiss as husband and wife
- Fabric swatches from your bridesmaids dress and table linens
- Dried flowers from your centerpieces or boutonnieres
- Photos your guests took of the wedding day or from your photo booth
- Little trinkets to signify funny memories ( i.e. a safety pin with a note tied to it explaining how a button popped off the back of your dress right before you were about to walk down the aisle. Luckily your Maid of Honor stepped in with a safety pin laughing and saying "I've always got your back" while pinning you back together.)
- Words of wisdom from your quests (Have each guest fill out a note card with marriage advice. See how their advice helped when you read them again years later)
- Each write out a timeline of where you think you will be and what you would like to do in 5, 10, 25, 50 years from now...see how far you have come along!
- A sample of the perfume/colonge you each wore
- A trinket from your wedding night
After you fill your capsule, seal it up and then open it again on every milestone anniversary (1st, 5th, 10th, 25th, 50th...) Not only will it be fun to revisit old "scrapbook" type memories, but it will also be exciting to see how your thoughts of the future compair with the realities of today!
**Think about enjoying your "unveiling" with a bottle of your favorite wine or with the wine you drank on your wedding day!